Skip to Main Content
Nintex Ideas

đź‘‹ Use this site to provide feedback and ideas for all Nintex Products. See our post on Nintex Community "Welcome to Nintex Ideas" for more details on Nintex Ideas, how an idea is handled by our product teams and more!

If you are looking for the Nintex roadmap, you can find that on Nintex Community

If you have questions about Nintex Ideas, please contact

If you require support, please visit Nintex Customer Central

If you have a sales inquiry, please contact

Status Started
Categories Form Designer
Created by Gavin Adams
Created on Mar 6, 2023
Merged idea

This idea has been merged into another idea. To comment or vote on this idea, please visit IDEA-I-6037 Start Event Forms - Default Values & Rules.

Set default value of People control Merged

For a people control on a NAC form including the start form it would be great to be able to set the default value of the people control to the current authenticated user.

For an example on an injury reporting form a people control used to record reported by is 90% the current user. the other 10% the form is being filled on behalf of another person.

  • Admin
    Chintan Desai
    Jul 31, 2023

    Hello, I’m thrilled to share that the people picker now supports default values. Please advise if you have any further feedback on this feature request.

  • Admin
    Sasan Ehdaie
    Mar 25, 2023

    Thank you for the idea. This ideas has been raised by another user and therefore merging the ideas.

  • Brandi Woodson
    Mar 21, 2023

    So we have multiple fields that are missing the "default" value capability.

    • Repeating sections

    • Multiple choice fields

    • People control

    • Signature

    All in which need to have the ability to have a "default" option to pass through on a task form in NAC form a Nintex Form for Office 365 Form. Currently you have to put it in a text variables to show most of this information and signatures cannot be passed through as images. I don't get it. We can live without signature and the rest that don't allow default values but what I put in red is what we need.

  • Sam Hong
    Mar 13, 2023

    don't understand what you said